Our PE curriculum aims to develop children’s physical skills and competence through lessons which are exciting, engaging and inclusive. We believe that PE should be accessible for all children; it develops confidence, improves listening and attention skills, encourages pro-social attributes and attitudes, and contributes towards positive physical, emotional and mental health.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding enables us to increase opportunities for pupils to participate in, and experience the benefits of physical activity.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is currently continuing to provide funding for primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £16,000 plus an extra £10 per pupil (based on the number of children enrolled in year 1 and 2, January 2022 Census) (Guidance Nov 2022)
The premium should be used to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sports activities that the school already offers.
- Make improvements that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
At Foxhills we provide a wide range of After School Clubs. All clubs offer provision for both boys and girls. The clubs below are run either before or after school by a number of external providers. Currently we offer:
- Football (across all year groups)
- Cricket (across all year groups)
- Tennis (across all year groups)
New Forest School Sports Partnership competition participation
The School is a member of the New Forest School Sports Partnership (NFSSP). This academic year we have participated in the following inter-school competitions:
- Cross country
Whole school activities
- Race for life
- Sports Day
- Maypole dancing
- Yoga (Enrichment for KS1)
- Multi-skills sports (Enrichment for KS1)