Pupil Premium & Free School Meals
What is the Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of pupils who potentially could underachieve. These include pupils who are or have been entitled to free school meals over the past six years, those who are or have been looked after by the local authority and children who have a parent in the armed forces.
All schools are required to report the amount of money received and how it will be spent to support pupils. Once the funding has been used schools should report the impact it has had.
Foxhills Infant has been estimated £24,890 (as at April 2022) in pupil premium funding for the academic year 2022- 2023 below are some of the ways this will be allocated:
- To provide high quality teaching with targeted support
- To provide pastoral provision
- To enable equal access for all to curriculum opportunities and enrichment activities eg school trips, school milk, bookshop opportunities.
The documents at the bottom of the page show how Foxhills spent their Pupil Premium funding and the impact this had on pupil learning and progress.
If you would like to find out more about the Pupil Premium please visit the following link:
Do you qualify?
This criteria for eligibility is where parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
No other benefits qualify for pupil premium for Key Stage 1.
Applying for Pupil Premium
A parent or guardian may wish to check their child's eligibility for Pupil Premium.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child or student's name, date of birth and school/college
Complete the form below and return to the school office